Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What is in a name?

We've recently begun attending a new church and the rector's wife and I had a few brief moments to get to know each other before she introduced me to some other newcomers. In her introduction of me, she described the last 12 years of my life more succinctly and creatively than I would have by simply saying this: that I have followed my husband, Pat, on a wild goose chase for God.

Stunningly, in those brief moments, she understood the chaos (that I would never trade for the world!) that has been my life. But, most importantly, she understood why.

Through this blog, I hope to enlighten my readers and followers on why I will forever be on a wild goose chase through my life, marriage, parenting, friendships, and who knows what else. Everything I do, I do for the glory of God. And I dedicate this blog to Him.

I must confess though, I have always been skeptical of personally blogging, with my greatest objection as not being able to find a creative name for it. Thanks to the wit of that rector's wife and my noodle-brain (long story), I tweaked my wild goose chasing life to acknowledge my husband's role in all this and as he was nicknamed Moose many years ago coined my own special phrase: wild Moose chase! Enjoy and watch for "Moose Tracks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment