Thursday, February 16, 2012

The pain within. Happy birthday to the son I"ll never know.

Happy birthday to the son I'll never know.

I never had the chance to tell you how special you were to me.

I never had the opportunity to hear your voice.

I never was able to get to know you in any way.

But, I know you were loved. I know you knew you were important because I chose life. And I know you knew exactly who you were in Christ.

And yet, in a moment of deep dispair, you made a decision that will forever shape who I am and all those around you. And I grieve.

And yet, there is hope. And God is glorified. And people grow closer and love deeper because of you.

Rest in peace, sweet Jeffrey.



Psalm 103:8-17
The Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. He will not constantly accuse us, nor remain angry forever. He does not punish us for all our sins; he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve. For his unfailing love toward those who fear him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth. He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him. For he knows how weak we are; he remembers we are only dust. Our days on earth are like grass; like wildflowers, we bloom and die. The wind blows, and we are gone--as though we had never been here. But the love of the Lord remains forever with those who fear him. His salvation extends to the children's children.

3 comments:

  1. Prayers for you and the rest of his family on this day and every day. Although we weren't as close of friends when you were pregnant with him, I remember your pregnancy well. It takes a strong person to do what you did, and that is awesome that you were that person. You gave him life and he will always hold a special place in your heart!

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grieve, too, for us & for the wonderful, loving family he was part of for 12 special years. We love you & miss you & know we will meet again, grandson.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you sweet friend!!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete