Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's. A year of redemption.


Each year when Valentine's Day comes around, I find myself pondering deep thoughts of all the different "loves" in my life. I bet many of us do this.

My "loves" encompass everything from my adoring husband to my precious children to talents God's entrusted unto me to our church to our family, our friends, and more.

I revel in how blessed I am. And I am humbled.

I revel in how God's love is evident in every aspect of my life, even when life is hard. And I am amazed.

-Last year I don't even remember Valentines.
-Two years ago my world was upside down and I didn't even know it.
-Four years ago, God surprised us with Johnny.
-Twelve years ago, I was as giddy as a schoolgirl, planning my wedding... (okay-I WAS a schoolgirl planning my wedding!)
-Today, I eagerly profess my "loves" and find the affirmation of God's love peppered throughout my very existence.

Here's a poem I discovered from a fellow blogger:


Oh, how I'd tried to love You Lord
In deed, in word, in praise,
But all had failed to satisfy
Until You'd changed my ways

You'd told me I must drop it all
My efforts won't suffice
Then face Your love, with an empty soul
That's stripped of all disguise

With love, that cannot be described
By any words of men
You'd filled my soul, erased my fears
Each longing satisfied

And in my heart as a response
There rose a tidal wave
Of passion I could not control
For God who longs to save

I see not love comes not from me
It only passes through
You're the beginning and the end
Of all the love that's true

We can do nothing without You
No need to plead or fuss
We're only able to love You
Because You first loved us.



Friends, you are loved.

And there's more love than you could ever imagine just waiting to burst out of you.

1 comment:

  1. You are loved! By many. Including me.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete